Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Heat Is On

It had to come sooner or later.  Yes, I'm talking about my arch enemy, the heat.  For those who know me, they know I'm not a big fan.  Considering summer is right around the corner, I guess I better get used to it.

The Little Heroes 5K was the first of many races in which I will have to battle my nemesis head on.  At race time, the temperature was 81 degrees.  I ended up running the race in 22:27 but I can tell it definitely affected the latter part of my 5K.

I haven't booked a race lately but have already identified the races I'm going to enter for my 16th and 17th races.  I'll blog about them soon.

Oh, and this week, my race is on Thursday night in Dublin (it is the 2FGR Race Day for Down Syndrome 5K).

12 down, 19 to go in The 31 Initiative.

No comments: