Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Good Run Spoiled

It had to happen sooner or later - my streak of 4 consecutive races with an improvement in my race time ended.  Actually, that is putting it nicely.  To put it bluntly, I crashed and burned.  The Commit To Be Fit 5K started out well - the crowd was energetic and the temperature (64 degrees) was cooler than forecast.  Then I ran a 26:10, over 4 minutes slower than the previous week (ouch!).  What happened?  I won't bore you with the details but I identified multiple factors which contributed to my less than stellar performance.  The good news is that I still have 21 races to go in The 31 Initiative, beginning this week with the JAKESTRONG 5K in Powell, Ohio.

I booked my 15th race today.  On June 9, I will run the Lyndsey and Kyle 5K in Dublin, Ohio.  Race details can be found here.

I'm 1/3(!) of the way through The 31 Initiative.  Thanks again to everyone who has donated to this cause.  I can't express how much it means to me.

No comments: