Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Big Happenings = A Big Post

I'm back!  It has been awhile since I've posted and I have a lot to get to so here we go:

The Past
I've run 2 races since my last post, the Carolinas CARE Partnership 5K on June 16th and the Race for Ellie on June 24th.  The Carolinas CARE race was run in Charlotte, North Carolina on my way to our vacation destination.  The event was held in a beautiful park and even though my legs were a little stiff from the drive, I finished in 21:55.

When I returned home from vacation, I ran the Race for Ellie, which raises money to fight Mitochondrial disease.  I ran a 21:13 but the real highlight was giving Ellie, a little girl stricken with the disease, a high five at the finish line.

The Future
I booked 2 more races.  On July 14, I will run in the Lifeline of Ohio Dash for Donation.  On July 20, I will run the Pig Run 5K, an event coinciding with the Columbus Jazz and RibFest.  Both races are in Columbus, Ohio.  If you are interested in learning more, please click on the names above for a link to the websites.

The Present
I recently learned The 31 Initiative has raised almost $1,000 in donations for the Jay Holdgreve Endowment for Testicular Cancer Research.  I want to sincerely thank everyone who has donated.  It means a lot and it is the reason I decided to do this endeavor.

At the same time, I realize we are running short of my goal of $3,100.  The Carolinas CARE race was my halfway point so I need to get the word out there.  Your help in doing this will be greatly appreciated.  To assist in this process, I'm going to create a Facebook page (something I probably should have done from the start).  I'll let everyone know when it is ready.  I know there are a lot of Facebook users out there so hopefully this will boost the level of fundraising.

I have rambled on long enough.  17 races down, 14 to go in The 31 Initiative.



1 comment:

Rachel Lewis said...

Ryan,

We're so excited you'll be joining us for the Dash for Donation!

If you have any questions about the race, or would like information for a follow-up blog, pelase let me know.

I look forward to seeing you July 14!

- Rachel Lewis
Media Realations
Lifeline of Ohio