Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Race 3 Results AND 8th Race On The Books

After 2 straight race weeks of 32 degree temperatures, Mother Nature took pity on me.  The weather was perfect for the St. Patrick's Day 5K!  I didn't check the temp but it felt like it was in the 50's (it may have been even warmer).  My official time of 23:00 almost matched my first race.  I'm hoping I can break through this week with a better time.

I also booked my 8th race today, the Path for Peace 5K.  This race will take place on April 21, 2012 at Griggs Reservoir here in Columbus.  Here is the link.  This race supports the Solly and Sammy's Foundation for Peace, a non-profit organization committed to supporting community organizations working to prevent child abuse and family violence.  My wife and I personally know the person responsible for starting this foundation so this is a special race for us.

No comments: