Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Perfect Storm AND More Races Booked!

Let's begin with a quote from the movie, The Perfect Storm (courtesy of IMDB.com):


Todd Gross, TV Meteorologist: Look, look at this. We got Hurricane Grace moving north off the Atlantic seaboard. Huge... getting massive. Two, this low south of Sable Island, ready to explode. Look at this. Three, a fresh cold front swooping down from Canada. But it's caught a ride on the jet stream... and is motoring hell-bent towards the Atlantic. What if Hurricane Grace runs smack into it? Add to the scenario this baby off Sable Island, scrounging for energy. She'll start feeding off both the Canadian cold front... and Hurricane Grace. You could be a meteorologist all your life... and never see something like this. It would be a disaster of epic proportions. It would be... the perfect storm. 


Why am I posting this quote on this blog?  Well, my official time for the World Race for Hope 5K was 20:17, a time I honestly didn't think I'd reach for another 2 months.  Like the storm in the movie, I can only attribute my time to a series of events all coming together right at the same time (perfect weather conditions, a strong week of training, the course setup, etc.).  I'm not sure if I can duplicate that day but I'll try.

I also booked my 9th and 10th races.  On April 28, I will run The Roadrunner Run 5K in Hilliard, OH (here is the link).  On May 5, my wife and I will both run the Commit To Be Fit 5K in downtown Columbus (here are the details - link).


My first out of town race is this Saturday in Dayton.  I hope I don't get lost driving there.  Until next time...

No comments: