Saturday, August 18, 2012

The BIG Debrief

It has been awhile folks so this is a big one -

I ran 2 races (#23 and #24) since my last update.  The first, the IGS Energy/Dublin Irish Festival 5K, was run on a hot day and the course had multiple hills.  Even though I ran a 21:46, I was very pleased considering the conditions.  The next race was the Hueston Woods 5K.  It was a cool day so I figured my time would benefit.  Unfortunately, a long climb up a very large hill right at the start threw me off.  I never really recovered (despite coming down this same hill on the way back) and finished with a time of 22:15.  Below are some pictures from the Hueston Woods race (including the first one with my amazing wife).





Tomorrow (Sunday August 19th) I run the Dog Jog 5K in downtown Columbus.  This race benefits the CHA Animal Shelter in Northeast Columbus.  Here is the link to the website of the CHA Animal Shelter if you are interested in learning more.

Finally, if you look to the left at the race calendar, you will see that I've chosen my final 5 races for The 31 Initiative.  I can't believe we are in the home stretch.

Thank you to anyone who has given a recent donation to the Jay Holdgreve Endowment for Testicular Cancer Research.  I'll have an update in a couple of weeks to see where we stand on the fundraising.

The 31 Initiative...24 races complete, 7 to go.


No comments: