Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A 5K Newbie and Dog Power

Let's focus on the big news first.  Someone I personally know is stepping out of his comfort zone and running in (I think) his first 5K.  I could give you the whole scoop but this announcement is definitely better coming from the source.  Please click this link and scroll down to the August 14th post.  I'm proud of you man (for multiple reasons, not just the 5K) and can't wait for Race 29 of The 31 Initiative.

"Dog Power" felt like an appropriate sidebar because of my results in last Sunday's Dog Jog 5K.  I ran my 2nd best time of the year (20:33).  After hovering in the upper 21-minute range in recent races, this time felt great.  I don't know what gave me the extra jolt but it may have been due to the huge number of dogs running in the race with me (my guess, at least 100).  I don't run beside a black lab or gray husky everyday so the presence of these animals definitely added some excitement to the race.

25 races complete, only 6 to go in The 31 Initiative.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always welcome to borrow Koda for a husky run!

Ryan Eickholt said...

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!