Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Back On Track!

After the June 29 storm, it was good to get back on the road.  On July 4th, I ran the Clintonville July 4th Celebration 5K.  I ran a 22:01 and was pleased with my time considering the scorching temperature.

This Saturday (July 14th), I will run the Lifeline of Ohio Dash for Donation.  This race promotes organ and tissue donation and honors donor families.  It is a GREAT cause and I look forward to running for it.

I booked 3 more races.  On the weekend of July 28/July 29 I will run 2 races - the SIDS Awareness 5K on July 28 and the Giant Eagle 5K/10K Run on July 29.  This 5K double dose of goodness is due to the previously mentioned storm and my inability to get to the June 30th Defiance race.  The good news is The 31 Initiative will be officially back on track after that weekend.  The bad news is my legs may be a little tired for the race on Sunday.  It will be interesting to see if my time suffers.

The 3rd race I booked will be the IGS Energy/Dublin Irish Festival 5K on August 2.  This is a Thursday race and takes place right before the start of the Dublin Irish Festival, an event definitely worth checking out if you are in the area.

The 31 Initiative.  18 races down, 13 to go.


No comments: