Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Golden Pig Within Reach

The World Famous Pig Run 5K was run under cloudy skies but the spirits were high.  With the scent of ribs in the air (from the nearby Jazz and Rib Fest), I finished in 21:07, a positive time as I begin the last 1/3 of The 31 Initiative schedule.  My only regret was not finishing in the Top 3 and receiving one of the highly coveted pig trophies (I am kicking myself for not taking a picture and sharing it with everyone).

I researched some more races in the area and signed up for 3 more which means I am now booked through August.  These races include the Hueston Woods 5K on August 12th, the CHA Dog Jog 5K on August 19th, and the Mount Carmel Up and Away 5K on August 25th.  It is amazing to think that the next race I sign up for will be in September, the last(!) month of this endeavor.

As I near the end, I have been thinking about the future of The 31 Initiative.  I have an idea that will make it even more significant in 2013 and will share this thought in the near future.

20 races down, 11 races to go.


No comments: