Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Time Goal Is Up!

Since creating The 31 Initiative, I've had numerous people ask if I have a time goal.  Honestly, I never had a time I wanted to achieve.  I just wanted to steadily improve my race times over the 31 weeks.

After thinking about it, I've decided to post a 5k time goal.  I think it is ambitious and probably out of reach BUT it will be a challenge.  The goal: to break the 20 minute mark.  I think this is close to a 6 minute 30 second per mile pace.  I'm estimating I'll start off this endeavor at an 8 minute per mile pace.

I don't think I've broken the 20 minute mark since high school but if there is a time to go after it, I can't think of any better time than now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome commitment ryan! be safe and injury free. made my donation and looking forward to keeping up with your blog. best of luck!

amy (youngpeter) geier